GPS Date Incorrect - FIX

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 60 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

GPS Date Incorrect - FIX

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Has your GPSMAP 60 series GPSr suffered from the GPS Satellite week number rollover issue?

This can be resolved for most Garmin GPSr using the GPS EOW tool.

More information about the GPS Week Rollover is available in this November 1998 gpsworld article.
factotem

Re: GPS Date Incorrect - FIX

Unread post by factotem »

Don't think I ever had a serial cable. If I did I have no idea where it might be. Seems it doesn't support usb port.

Never mind it's not a biggy. Probably get a GPSmap 64sx.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Serial cables can be had for very reasonable prices via online auction websites such as ebay.

The GPSMAP 66 is far more capable than the GPSMAP 64 series, but depending on what you are using the device for, may be more capable than you require.
factotem

Unread post by factotem »

"The GPSMAP 66 is far more capable than the GPSMAP 64 series, but depending on what you are using the device for, may be more capable than you require".

Thank you for your helpful reply, I have taken the opportunity to compare the two units. To be honest I am finding it a bit difficult to justify the upgrade anyway. I think and hope that the 64sx will be sufficient for my geocaching needs, it is a huge advance on my trusty 60csx. I don't think I need the extra features or expense of the 66.

I am pleased that the rollover has lead me here, its a great site and I can see I have a lot of browsing to do.

Regards
David

Return to “GPSMAP 60”