Nail

Re: Poor GNSS accuracy? [Bug 8]

Unread post by Nail »

How do you explain this situation?
Start from the same place.
Spoiler
67vs66sr3.jpg
Red 66. Green you know which one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Do you have the GPX track file from each device?
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

I send.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

Make a test turn on 67 at home and leave it on the window for some time with the recording turned on. Check after half an hour if your vehicle is still in the same place? In my case, it grabs a position and starts slowly moving west with no return. The farthest he went to the neighboring street was 130m. Another test take this turned on device and go outside to see if you were positioned right away? In my case, it happens after a long time. Let me know if you have the same problem? In 66sr he does not appear.
Below is the test view.
Spoiler
67vs66sr5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

Nail wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:59 am Make a test turn on 67 at home and leave it on the window for some time with the recording turned on. Check after half an hour if your vehicle is still in the same place? In my case, it grabs a position and starts slowly moving west with no return. The farthest he went to the neighboring street was 130m. Another test take this turned on device and go outside to see if you were positioned right away? In my case, it happens after a long time. Let me know if you have the same problem? In 66sr he does not appear.
Below is the test view.
Is it the green trace on the 67? it is totally abnormal. Is this 67 finished or is it a prototype ?
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

mimichris wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:30 am Is it the green trace on the 67?
Yes, the one on the left is 67.
I'm doing a test in a different window now and I have more satellites here and it seems the vehicle won't go away. It's not a problem if the vehicle leaves when there is no satellite coverage, but why doesn't it quickly return when it has good visibility?
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

I made a test by wrapping 67 in aluminum foil, waiting for it to give a signal about the loss of satellites and walked away a dozen or so meters. I removed the silver for the poor from 67 and proceeded perpendicular to the earlier route. 67 was walking parallel with me, a dozen or so meters away.
66sr the silver wrap test passed excellently did not fall for it.

I did a few more tests and each time the result is the same.
When 67 does not see satellites, when the constellation returns, it does not refresh its position in real time and starts its journey from the last position.

I'm curious, have you also noticed this problem? Am I the only one seeing this?
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

I've never seen this on any GPS I've owned and own regardless of brand, either it's the GNSS chip or the software, but it's a serious anomaly.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.

Unread post by 987 »

Nail wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:32 pm
I have seen this on GPSMAP 66st, more rarely on etrex vista and etrex 32x as well.
But, those few times it occurs (less than 1 in 20 power cycles), it is often an start up error, which disappear after 10-30 minutes when fix becomes better.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

987 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:22 am
Nail wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:32 pm
I have seen this on GPSMAP 66st, more rarely on etrex vista and etrex 32x as well.
But, those few times it occurs (less than 1 in 20 power cycles), it is often an start up error, which disappear after 10-30 minutes when fix becomes better.
When you turn on 67 in good visibility, it's no problem. It positions itself quickly.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr

Return to “GPSMAP 67”