GPSMAP 67 series Announced

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 67 series Announced

Unread post by GPSrChive »

TopoActive maps can be enabled and disabled in the Map page Map Layers menu, but only as a group or set. It is all or none. Previous models allowed the user to turn each individual TopoActive map on or off independently of the others.

More info at GPSrChive > GPSMAP 67 > Pages > Map.
Grispoil61

Unread post by Grispoil61 »

GPSrChive wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:46 pm Garmin have announced the new GPSMAP 67 series.

The GPSMAP 67 includes all the features available with the GPSMAP 66sr with the addition of Outdoor Maps+ and improved battery life that can provide 180 hours of run time under normal use.

An inReach version is also available.

A link to the press release is available on the GPSMAP 67 wiki home page!

Available now from the GPSrChive Store!
I have spent some time on your Wiki pages, and wow, I am truly impressed. That is what I call 'help' compared to what is available officially on the Garmin website. You should be working for Garmin.
Again, congratulations on a job well done.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Thank you! We are always happy to hear people are finding the information useful.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

Spoiler
mtp.jpg
This will probably be a mistake.
USB connects in MTP mode.
Will the new mode allow for custom messages?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Yes, the custom startup message still works on the device.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Can somebody confirm, that updating CPE file via WiFi works on the GPSMAP 67?
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

Would need to test when I have an expired CPE, but restoring a missing CPE (after deleting it from the device) does not seem to work via Wi-Fi, and neither through a sync with Explore or Connect. Only Express did restore a missing CPE. But I am not sure if restoring a missing CPE via Wi-Fi is supposed to work...

BTW the location of the CPE.bin file has changed (as mentioned earlier), it is now in GARMIN\RemoteSW instead of GARMIN\GPS.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Look into the folder of the CPE file and note when it was created. Disconnect your device from your pc and connect it to your WiFi. Wait for couple of minutes, I would say 5 min are enough. Connect it again to your pc and look again into the folder of the CPE file, did the date of the CPE file change? Normally it should.

But I am also statisfied if it works via Garmin Express at a pc, as long I don't depend by a Smartphone app.
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

Did the test you suggested, and the CPE.bin file is updated over Wi-Fi. Both date/time are different, and the contents are different as well (just to be sure the GPSMAP does not just modify date/time without downloading a new one).

Interesting BTW is that the CPE.bin is a TAR archive that contains CPE_GAL.bin, CPE_GPS.bin and CPE_GLO.bin. Does BeiDou not use CPE data? But this may be a subject for a different forum topic :)
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Jungle Jim, this would be an excellent subject for a new topic!

You should start one!

Return to “GPSMAP 67”