Oregon 750t showing wrong distance for Round-Trip routes

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
PELP

Oregon 750t showing wrong distance for Round-Trip routes

Unread post by PELP »

My wife and I have recently purchased an Oregon 750t to use while trecking - both at home and on travels through Europe. It has a feature that I would imagine is called "Round trip route" in English ("Tur retur rute" in Danish). You set the starting point and the length of the route you want, and it generates 3 suggested routes of approximately the length specified. So far so good.

The thing is though, that the length of the route is always too short compared to the actual length of the route. Today we asked for a 10 km. route and we got one of 10,9 km., one 8.8 km. and one 8,4 km. We chose 8.8 as it took us new places. We followed the route precisely with two small exceptions that might have cost an extra 100 meters. When we got home, the 750t showed that we had walked 11,77 km, my wifes Huawei GT2 watch showed 12,09 km. and my Fitbit Charge 3 showed 12,03 km.

This is a tendency every time we have the unit generate routes. We can live with it when we are aware of it, but it seems that a unit in this pricerange should be more accurate.

Can it be fixed or do we have to live with it?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Oregon 750t showing wrong distance for Round-Trip routes

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Please send a copy of the 11.77km tracklog (GPX) to webmaster@gpsrchive.com
PELP

Unread post by PELP »

Tracklog sendt.
stantastic

Unread post by stantastic »

I may be getting daft in my old age, and I have the Oregon 750 (NOT the "t" model -- but they should be identical other than the Garmin-supplied topo maps), but WHERE in the unit can you set up a Round Trip route? I've looked everywhere, but can't find it. I've looked on this website regarding the O7x0 models. And I Googled it (Google IS your friend, ya know!) I can find a Reverse Route function, but not a Round Trip function. Where is it? Thanks :o
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

"Where To? > Round-Trip Routing"

BTW, there is an excellent walk-through for this feature at the new Montana 7x0 page, which functions the same other than the smaller screen on the Oregon 7x0, if you want to go have a look!

or

See GPSrChive > How To... > Navigation > 11. Where To? (Find) > 2. Round-Trip Routing
stantastic

Unread post by stantastic »

Thanks -- never even noticed that was there. Then again, I've never found the need to use it, either :roll:

Return to “Oregon 7x0”