Oregon 7x0 Firmware 5.90

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Oregon 7x0 Firmware 5.90

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Oregon 7x0 Firmware Update version 5.90, Published March 13, 2021:

Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.90:
  • Added support for the inReach Remote feature (Setup > ANT Sensor > inReach Remote).
  • Improved geocache proximity alarms.
  • Fixed page flow when clearing the current activity.
  • Fixed issue with updating the value displayed from a cadence sensor.
  • Fixed issue with programming a Chirp.
  • Fixed possible shutdown when sending a Quick Text from inReach Remote.

This update is being released in stages via Garmin Express, and should be available to everyone soon.

Please report your observations here!
mccross

Another good improvement

Unread post by mccross »

Garmin has improved the connection to sensors in 5.90, as well as changing the connection menus a little. Previously, if I had two ANT heart monitors, the Oregon would connect to one of them, without giving me a choice or telling me which one was connected. (I ran into this when I was trying to see how accurate my new arm-band heart monitor is, wanting to connect to that one using my iPhone Bluetooth, and a Garmin heart strap using my Oregon.) Now I am presented with a list showing detected ANT heart monitors and I can choose which one to connect to. Only the ANT ids are shown, no text description, so you have to learn which one is which. Also, previously, if there were two cadence sensors (the arm band included one) the Oregon would not even show "Searching" or connect to either one.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Oregon 7x0 Firmware 5.90

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Excellent observations! Thank you for the report.

Garmin does not always publish all changes for each firmware versions, this is why we request users test and report their findings like you have.

All welcome improvements the device really needed.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”