Correct routing options

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 6x0 series GPSr
iainp

Correct routing options

Unread post by iainp »

Hi!
bit of a noob question I know, but I've searched online and in the forums and can't find an answer to the following.

I've had an Oregon 650 for a couple of years, I'm happy with the device and with how it works, I use it predominantly for geoCaching (yes I'm one of "those") but now want to use the device for following routes. I'm comfortable enough with a map and compass, but I really want to make use of the routing function on the device.

Using basecamp, I'm happy with creating my own routes and importing those downloaded from the internet. My question is this:
I have 30 points on my walk, during my walk, I pass through waypoint 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, I don't walk through waypoint 6 (perhaps I physically can't because there is a detour that a farmer has made, or, I see an easier route to waypoint 8 and completely skip waypoint 6 and 7), will my Oregon take me to point 9, or will it insist that I go backward and back to pass through point 6??

How would you/should I/will the device handle this on my hike?

Thanks in advance,
Iain :D
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Correct routing options

Unread post by GPSrChive »

What option do you have configured in Setup > Routing > Transitions?
  • Auto - Moves you to the next point in the order that it appears on the map
  • Manual - Allows the user to choose which point to navigate to next
  • Distance - Routes to the next closest point in the route when within a specified distance
See

GPSrChive > Oregon 6x0 > Setup > Routing > Transitions

and

GPSrChive > How To... > Navigation > Navigation Settings > Route Transitions

for more information.
iainp

Re: Correct routing options

Unread post by iainp »

Thanks for this, I'll have a look and play with the settings :) :)

Return to “Oregon 6x0”