Locking Screen shortcut.

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 6x0 series GPSr
Mikkyp20

Locking Screen shortcut.

Unread post by Mikkyp20 »

I am running an Oregon 650 with firmware version 5.10. Using the Geocaching profile on the GPSr. The default Geocaching profile on the unit enabled the screen to be locked by pressing the power button twice. This has recently stopped working. Is it a software issue which can be fixed, or is my GPSr showing its age. I have had it for approx 3 and a half years.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Locking Screen shortcut.

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I just checked my Oregon 650 v5.30 Geocaching Profile and found the setting for Power Button Double Tap was set to 'None'. I simply had to select shortcut and lock screen to restore the function.

Can you do this with 5.10?
Mikkyp20

Unread post by Mikkyp20 »

I upgraded to firmware version 5.30 after posting the issue. In the Geocaching profile, the shortcut configured for double tap on the power key is to lock screen. But this does not work. I have not changed any settings after updating the firmware, so assume that it is the same for firmware 5.10. I have been using the shortcut for a couple of years now, and recently it has stopped working.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Mikkyp20 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:00 am I upgraded to firmware version 5.30 after posting the issue. In the Geocaching profile, the shortcut configured for double tap on the power key is to lock screen. But this does not work. I have not changed any settings after updating the firmware, so assume that it is the same for firmware 5.10. I have been using the shortcut for a couple of years now, and recently it has stopped working.
Something probably happened to corrupt the Lock Screen Shortcut itself. Either edit it and retry, or delete and re-create a shortcut for lock screen again, then go back and re-assign it to the double tap of power button and retest.

Send me a copy of your lock screen shortcut AS IS NOW before any more fixing so I can compare it to my shortcut file, if you like.

Return to “Oregon 6x0”