• Fixed Missing Baud Rate Option
  • Fixed potential issue with GPS+GLONASS
Please post observations here!

Thank You!
rolfag

Re: Oregon 6x0 Firmware 5.60 [Bug 81]

Unread post by rolfag »

Some observations:

1. Pressing "Routing" > "Avoidance Setup", gives blacked out left side screen areas for unselected avoidances. Just as it was with
FW 5.50 (and possibly also 5.40).

2. Pressing "Maps" > Marking a location you want to navigate to > Press on the "balloon" on top of screen > Press "Go"-button.
This should lead to an immediately calculated route. Instead, You have to wait 30 seconds for the "Go"-button to execute.
This is exactly the same behaviour as FW 5.50 (and possibly also 5.40).

The above bugs are reported by many users. I filed a complaint to local Garmin, but was told that Garmin Support US couldn't reproduce this failures.
I was recommended to send my 600 in for investigation and possible replacement. Refused, of course.

3. GPS FW version is now updated to 53003.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Oregon 6x0 Firmware 5.60

Unread post by GPSrChive »

rolfag wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:17 am Some observations:

1. Pressing "Routing" > "Avoidance Setup", gives blacked out left side screen areas for unselected avoidances. Just as it was with
FW 5.50 (and possibly also 5.40).
Duplicated and posted to Common Issues page as Bug 81 (Thank You)
rolfag wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:17 am 2. Pressing "Maps" > Marking a location you want to navigate to > Press on the "balloon" on top of screen > Press "Go"-button.
This should lead to an immediately calculated route. Instead, You have to wait 30 seconds for the "Go"-button to execute.
Unable to duplicate with OSM maps loaded, but will continue to try different combinations... I do experience a delay after selecting the 'InfoBox' before the green 'Go' button can be pressed of 15-20 seconds each time while the GPSr is 'loading' all map information to the screen, but once that operation is complete, the 'Go' button responds immediately. Perhaps this is what you are actually experiencing also?
rolfag wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:17 am The above bugs are reported by many users. I filed a complaint to local Garmin, but was told that Garmin Support US couldn't reproduce this failures.
I was recommended to send my 600 in for investigation and possible replacement. Refused, of course.
I have submitted a bug report directly to Garmin this morning also.
rolfag wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:17 am 3. GPS FW version is now updated to 53003.
We have added this information to the Firmware page. Thank you!
rolfag

Unread post by rolfag »

rolfag wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:17 am
2. Pressing "Maps" > Marking a location you want to navigate to > Press on the "balloon" on top of screen > Press "Go"-button.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Unable to duplicate with OSM maps loaded, but will continue to try different combinations... I do experience a delay after selecting the 'InfoBox' before the green 'Go' button can be pressed of 15-20 seconds each time while the GPSr is 'loading' all map information to the screen, but once that operation is complete, the 'Go' button responds immediately. Perhaps this is what you are actually experiencing also?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, this 15-20 seconds of delay is what happens to me (I wrote 30 seconds, as it feels that long.....).
On 5.30 and earlier, the response is not noticeable.

You wrote: "while the GPSr is 'loading' all map information to the screen".
Haven't noticed that. Map is on screen all the time, during the 15-20 seconds period.

Maybe time to remind Garmin about this bug, once more?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Disable all maps other than the Garmin maps that came loaded to the device and retest... Any better?
rolfag

Unread post by rolfag »

If I disable all maps but the Base Map (Worldwide DEM Basemap, NR), there is no routing possibilities with this map. It tells:
------------------------------------------------------
Route Calculation Error:
Maps do not have routable roads in this area.
------------------------------------------------------
I have three Garmin maps installed. If I enable, one at a time, the results are the same.

There is an additional observation.
When you are about to press the GO button, but instead you press the Waypoint icon (just below the GO button), it takes 15 second to create this waypoint.
With 5.30 it executes instantly.
Tribar

Unread post by Tribar »

Crash report #15 is re-introduced in firmware versions 5.50 & 5.60:

15. Selecting [Show Details] after receiving data from a Garmin chirp™ results in a crash. [wiki] [30SEP13] [3.20] [Resolved 3.30]

I downgraded to 5.40, NO crash.

I reported this today to product.support@garmin.com
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Thank you, Tribar!

Common Issues page has been updated, and Garmin have been informed.

Now, will they provide any future updates for this device?

Only time will tell....

Return to “Oregon 6x0”