- If your Garmin VIRB or VIRB Elite is exhibiting bad behavior you do not see listed here, please
post a new thread about your experience and send a detailed error report to Garmin, as outlined below.
- If you do see your issue listed here, please send your detailed error report to Garmin! They need to hear from all users.
- Please handle all feature requests similarly:
Post a new thread if not already listed, and send a copy to Garmin.
If you see your request is already listed, copy and paste it in an email to Garmin! The more frequently they see the same request, the more likely they are to include it in a future update.
- Please report all software bugs, glitches, crash reports, and feature requests in the
VIRB discussion forum.
Try to include as much detail as possible when describing each issue you are experiencing, including profile settings, maps installed/enabled, keystrokes used, etc.
Send a copy of your post to product.support@Garmin.com and include:
- a copy of the Elog.txt file located in the [VIRB]\Garmin\ directory.
a copy of the GarminDevice.xml file located in the [VIRB]\Garmin\ directory.
any *.fit files associated with the crash or bug from the [VIRB]\Garmin\Activity\ or [µSD]\Garmin\Activity\ directories.
any *.gpx files associated with the crash or bug from the [VIRB]\Garmin\GPX\ or [µSD]\Garmin\GPX\ directories.
- RED: Issue/Feature Request has been reported to Garmin, and is pending response.
ORANGE: Garmin has acknowledged a Reported Issue/Feature Request and may be working on a solution.
GREEN: Issue has been resolved and no longer exists. Requested Feature has been implemented.
- Bugs (02/00/01): Software issues that result in a system failure or adversely affect intended functionality.
Crash Reports (02/00/00): Bugs resulting in unintentional hanging, freezing, resetting or powering down.
Hardware Failures (00/00/00): Physical issues and/or failures that limit or inhibit intended function.
Missing Features (00/00/00): Feature is available on a similar Garmin product.
Requested Features (01/00/00): Request for functionality not present with current firmware version.
- VIRB Elite drops Garmin Tempe connection below 0°C (32°F). [Garmin] [22NOV13] [2.60] [2.70] [2.80] [3.00]
VIRB Elite unable to pair successfully with some cadence sensors. [video] [24NOV13] [2.80] [Resolved 3.00]
VIRB Elite recorded elevation is frequently off by several hundred feet. [video] [12DEC13] [2.80]
- VIRB locks up after >24 minutes of continuous recording in Full HD, resulting in a partial loss of recorded video. VIRB will not respond to user input, requiring battery removal to power cycle and return VIRB to normal operation. [Garmin] [video] [13DEC13] [2.80] [3.00]
WiFi stops working and VIRB crashes after attempting to reset WiFi settings. [Garmin] [21DEC13] [3.10]
- Please include function to manually calibrate altimeter similar to other Garmin GPSr [29DEC13]
- Please include a Satellite Data dashboard to display GPS accuracy, location, and elevation information. [Garmin] [07DEC13]