Need help troubleshooting your Montana?
You may find the answers you need here before you
FAQ?Are you having trouble with a
Common Issue?Have you read the Montana 600/650
user manual?Have you read the Montana 610/680
- The screen does not respond. How do I reset the device?
- Press and hold the power button for >20 seconds
- Remove and reinstall the battery or batteries
- Allow the Montana to cool if hot to the touch
- How do I reset all settings back to factory defaults?
- How do I Master Reset my Montana?
- With the Montana powered off, press and hold the top left corner of the screen (while held in portrait mode) and cycle the power button.
- The Montana will begin the boot process.
- When prompted "Do you really want to erase all user data?", select [Yes]
- My Montana is not acquiring satellite signals
- Power your Montana On
- Place the GPSr outside, in clear view of the sky, away from any obstructions, for several minutes
- If no improvement >30 minutes, perform Master Reset (above) and repeat
- My Montana will not charge
- Ensure the Li-ion battery is properly installed
- Reduce backlight brightness
- Ensure temperature is between 32ºF and 113ºF (0ºC - 45ºC)
- My Montana battery gauge is not accurate
Setup | System | Battery Type is set correctly
- Leave the device powered on until the battery is completely discharged
- Charge the battery fully without interruption
Maximizing Battery Life
- The batteries do not last very long
Mass Storage Mode
- How can I be sure my Montana is in USB Mass Storage Mode?
Forced Mass Storage Mode
- My Montana is connected to a computer, but will not enter Mass Storage Mode
- I do not see any new removable drives in my list of drives
- Windows may be having trouble assigning a drive letter
- Select My Computer | Manage | Disk Management to assign drive letters
- Read this post
- Why does my computer not recognize my Montana?
Garmin drivers installedEnter
Forced Mass Storage ModeWhen prompted by the Found New Hardware Wizard, select "No not at this time" followed by "Install USB drivers automatically"Once the driver installation is complete, select "Finish"The computer should now recognize the Montana and installed uSD card as external storage drives
- Make sure you have the latest
- My Montana will not boot past the Garmin logo screen
mass storage mode, remove all user data (GPX files, etc.), and reboot GPSrEnter
forced mass storage mode, remove all user data (GPX files, etc.), and reboot GPSrPerform Garmin Boot Block procedure to reload firmware and reboot GPSr
- Remove µSD card (if present) and reboot GPSr
Hidden Test Pages
Satellite application (Portrait screen orientation)Press and hold the upper left corner of the screen > 5 secondsA diagnostic screen will appear displaying hardware and software informationSelecting the → button will cycle you to the next diagnostic screenIf the → button is not visible, simply touch the screen to cycle to the next testAfter the final test, the Montana will loop back to the original diagnostic screenPress and hold the power button to exit this diagnostic mode
- Hardware/Software ID and Display Test:
- Enter the Trip Computer application (Portrait screen orientation)
- Press and hold the lower right corner of the screen (over the Menu Bar) > 5 seconds
- A diagnostic screen will appear displaying a list of recently logged exceptions
- The lower section of the page will display current memory usage and stats
- Select an exception from the list to view register dumps for that exception
- Use the back arrow to return to the list of exceptions and to exit this diagnostic mode
- US: 913-397-8200
- US Toll Free: 1-800-800-1020
- Canada: 1-866-429-9296