Training effect data no longer displayed on Connect app

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
codix64

Training effect data no longer displayed on Connect app

Unread post by codix64 »

Hi, I usually use Montana 700 for my mountain bike rides and training and since about 10 days I can't see the Training Effect data on the Connect App anymore.
I have also tried resetting the Montana to factory settings but nothing has changed and I still do not see the Training Effect data
What could be happening?
Do you have any suggestions?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Training effect data no longer displayed on Connect app

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Which Connect App? What Version? What OS? What Device?
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Thank you for quick reply,
I am using Connect app version 4.72, on my phone Realme GTneo2 with Android 13.
I also have the same problem on Connect PC version ( Windows 11) which I use via Garmin Express...
GPSrChive
Site Admin

We have never used Training Affect, can you share some examples from older data to compare?
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

attached you can see 2 screenshots, one has the training effect and the 'other does not have it even though it was recorded with the same equipment...
If it is helpful I can send you the .fit files..

Spoiler
with training effect.jpg
without training effect.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

I may be wrong as I have no experience with 'Training Affect', but I have never seen any reference to this information on any Garmin Outdoor Handheld model, and I suspect this information is actually created by Garmin Connect using multiple data items from the selected activity file.

If you re-inport older FIT files into Connect again, does the 'Training Affect' information appear? If not, this may be due to a change with Garmin Connect. If yes, then there may be something different about how the data is recorded on the device.
scotte

Unread post by scotte »

The data in that graph has to be coming from a data source other than the Montana 700 - either sensors pared to the 700 or another device like a smart watch with heart rate and possibly pulse-ox sensor. I don't know which sensors exactly provide that data, since I don't have a device that does, so I'm just guessing - but it's more than just the Montana, which doesn't have the necessary sensors and would be a bit large strapped on a wrist if it did. :⁠-⁠)
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Hello,
I did some tests with the .fit files recorded by Montana.
On Garmin Connect I deleted a .fit file with Training Effect data and a .fit file without Training Effect data.
I imported both files to Connect and the Training Effect continues to be displayed in the .fit file where it was previously shown and is not present where it was not shown.
The Training Effect information is processed using the heart rate monitor data and data from Montana ( probably speed, ascent and position )
Keep in mind that during the .fit file recordings I always used the same heart rate monitor and of course my Montana.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Please send those FIT files to the address below, making certain it is clear which showed Training Affect and which did not. These must be the FIT files from the Montana itself, not processed by any other software. Exports from Garmin Connect etc will not work. If you also have GPX files, send those as well.
Send Here
codix64

Unread post by codix64 »

Hello,
I sent the files at e-mail shown.
The name of files explain if is with or without Training Effect data.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to “Montana 7x0”