Guidance Arrows

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
terry-uk

Guidance Arrows

Unread post by terry-uk »

After purchasing a Montana 700 in June 2021, I abandoned my Oregon 750 but because of its smaller size have recently decided to use it again for some city street navigation. For some strange reason route on the map now includes large turn-by-turn guidance arrows which were not there when I last used it. Can anybody please advise me how turn these arrow off?

In case it’s relevant: Software version 6.00, Activity = Hiking, Routing Lock on road = No, Map Guidance text = Never and the map being used is the Freizeitkarte for Great Britain.

*** please review forum posting guidelines ***
Spoiler
Guidance Arrows.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Guidance Arrows

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Just checked some screen captures we took from our Oregon 7x0 when it was brand new, and the turn arrows were present then...
Example
App Map GT 01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
terry-uk

Thanks ... I really can't remember this but then it was a couple of years ago!
javawa

Unread post by javawa »

Probably you were using tracks for navigation back then, you won't get guidance arrows on tracks.
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html
terry-uk

I’ve now solved the mystery and my memory was not at fault after all! Somehow (?) the Routing profile had got set to Hiking when it should have been Direct Routing:

Setup > Routing > Select Activity for route calculation > Direct Routing not Hiking

This eliminates the Active Route guidance arrows that I was getting.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”