POI Display Issues [Bug 147]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr

Re: POI Display Issues [Bug 147]

Unread post by 987 »

Hi.
Anyone who updated to 10.70, can you see if bug 147
- Embedded POI information may be displayed incomplete and/or include additional text fragments 'ÿ' and/or no longer be formatted left justified after updating to firmware version 10.20.

is still around?
A good indicator would be that the text is again left justified and for anyone using a map with many details per POI can you see information about phone numbers, opening hours, etc.? (opentopomap has these informations if i recall correctly).

Unread post by 987 »

Hi.
Bumping this topic again.
Anyone with a GPSMAP 66s/st and firmware 10.70, if you open a point of interest (fuel station, shop or more or less anything) do you have the text centre aligned or left aligned, and do you observe any unexpected characters?

If you use opentopomap - or other map - which includes long information, such as opening hours, do you see those for some of the places where you would expect opening hours?

Unread post by 987 »

I made a try to update my 66st to 10.70, still the same issue, downgraded to 9.90 firmware again.

Apart from the center aligned text, which i think is harder to read than the left aligned text, i could also observe that the map seems to have a different set up as to how many points of interest (from the map) show up on the same selected detail level and after a restart of the unit some suddenly showed, while others did not..

The ÿ (see original post in thread) is still observed sometimes on points, it just so happened it did not show when i made the screen capture.

Adding a few pictures to again show the difference in information on two point for each version of firmware.

*** please review forum posting guidelines ***

Spoiler
A990.png
A1070.png
B990.png
B1070.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We will send a reminder to the Garmin software team about this bug.

Unread post by 987 »

Hi.
Thanks for taking the contact with Garmin.
I think it is the field containing the phone number that no longer is shown, some map makers use this to insert not only phone numbers, but opening hours, fuel types and other information related to specific types of points.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”