Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
searchjaunt

Re: Firmware 3.00 update

Unread post by searchjaunt »

On the GPSrChive site itself.
ivhs72

Unread post by ivhs72 »

So I just updated my pocket queries (the same way I always do, ie, drag and drop from my computer folder to the /GPX folder on the GPSr). When I turn the unit on after loading them, and it's plugged into A/C, it turns on and bypasses the loading waypoints, etc. screen. When I go to the geocaching app, it shows that caches are present, but when I look at the description, hint, etc. it is blank, and locks the 66s up, so I need to remove the batteries. I tried that twice, happened each time. When I turn it on and it's not plugged in, it does stop at the loading waypoints, etc. and sits there. (That has happened with each version of firmware that has been on the device). I've plugged it into the A/C power and it's just sitting on the loading waypoints, etc. screen now. (in the past when I've done that on battery power, it drains the battery before it updates). If I unplug the A/C now, it will give me the message that external power has been removed, and start the 30 second countdown timer to turn it off. If I select either to turn it off or leave it on, it locks the device up,and I have to remove the batteries. If I let it count down, it stops at 2 seconds, and locks the device up,and I have to remove the batteries. So it looks like 3.0 did not resolve this issue.
CheminerWill

Unread post by CheminerWill »

ivhs72 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 pm Which forum did you find this on?
https://forum.gps.nl/viewforum.php?f=89 ... 89c4ee2700
ivhs72

Unread post by ivhs72 »

CheminerWill wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:06 pm
ivhs72 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:39 pm Which forum did you find this on?
https://forum.gps.nl/viewforum.php?f=89 ... 89c4ee2700
Guess I'd better brush up on my Dutch..... ;)

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”