MapInstall problems

Discussion related to Garmin MapInstall (PC) software
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: MapInstall problems

Unread post by GPSrChive »

steerage250 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am Thanks for the tip about the JaVaWa Device manager - looks very useful.
That software is listed in the Software page of just about every wiki here...
steerage250 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am You've had success with MapInstall? I downloaded the latest from Garmin's website and it doesn't work for me. Do you know what version you have (and how to determine the version)?
Open MapInstall, click on the icon in the top left corner of the program window and select "About MapInstall..."
sussamb

Unread post by sussamb »

steerage250 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am You've had success with MapInstall? I downloaded the latest from Garmin's website and it doesn't work for me. Do you know what version you have (and how to determine the version)?
I'm using 4.0.4 ... you can check by right clicking on the word MapInstall top left and selecting 'About'

Edit: Just seen gpsrchive post who says the same thing :)
steerage250

Unread post by steerage250 »

I removed my MapInstall 4.2.0 and installed 4.0.4. It does much better than 4.2.0, but despite asking for a full install of a mapset (and it confirming a full install when you run it afterwards), it leaves-out a few segments (apparently the same ones each time).

I'm using OSM maps created by http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/. It doesn't matter whether I'm trying to install 2 maps, or just one.

I have been successful in loading maps by copying their img files directly, so that might have to do. However, all the maps that I don't have single img file for are a problem.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

How do you know map segments are left out?

Are you certain your GPSr has not reached its map segment limit?

Upload a map with missing segments to a file hosting website and email us the link.

webmaster@gpsrchive.com
GPSrChive
Site Admin

New BasCamp and MapInstall versions published 01NOV19.

Perhaps the new software versions will alleviate your issues!

Return to “Garmin MapInstall (PC)”