Delete all Files on Oregon 750

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
jeant

Delete all Files on Oregon 750

Unread post by jeant »

can i restore all the files deletes on the folder /Garmin?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Delete all Files on Oregon 750

Unread post by GPSrChive »

What did you delete? The GPSr will rewrite much of that data each time the unit is booted. What did you do, and what are you missing?
jeant

Unread post by jeant »

all files. I thought that all the files would be installed again when the software update was done.
I tried to copy the files and folders of another oregon that I have, but it seems not to recognize the routes of the folders. the oregon start without problem but i can´t configure anything. Dont have the activities, lenguage and appears a message with database error when i try to take a photo.

Sorry by the bad inglish!
mity!

Unread post by mity! »

I think the good news is that the Oregon starts at least. ;)

But I fear that a copy of the files from another Oregon results in a complete mess of inconsistent links between the different configuration files.

I would suggest to perform a reset to factory defaults by 'Setup > Reset > Reset All Settings'. But to be honest, I am not sure if this will cleanup all files. And all your settings will be lost... :roll:
jeant

Unread post by jeant »

i tryed this a lot of times, but dosn´t work! as i said, i copy folders and files from another oregon but looks like the files contain some of specific information what prevents the oregon can load the data or detect the paths of the files copieds. the reset like you say, just set the initial configuration, but he dosen´t recognize it. for instance the GarminDevice.xml and System.xml files contain the "id" and "version" and i modificate it but him still without recognize the rest of files. Yes, the device start without problems, but i can´t configure nothing, dosn´t have language, activities and nothing. can´t take pictures, save waypoints or track. He dosen´t recongnize the folder Garmin i´ve copied.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Sounds like internal memory issue, you probably need to replace the unit.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”