Slow response when including child waypoints in GPX

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Slow response when including child waypoints in GPX

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you for the detailed information. We have reported this behavior to Garmin software engineers. The ball is in their court now!
Catch

Unread post by Catch »

Tested again with the new version of the GarminExport macro for GSAK, where one have the option to select what types of Child Waypoints that can be exported to the GPS. Tested both with Child Waypoints included in the GPX file and with GGZ file with Geocaches and a separate GPX file for the Child Waypoints. By omitting 3 out of the 6 Child Waypoint types, the number of waypoints was reduced to 2,5K and the response is then only slightly slower compared to Child Waypoints as POI only.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We have not had the opportunity to test the updated macro yet. Out of curiosity, which child waypoint types did you export?
Catch

Unread post by Catch »

gpsrchive wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:34 pm We have not had the opportunity to test the updated macro yet. Out of curiosity, which child waypoint types did you export?
I initially included Virtual Stage, Physical Stage and Trailhead, and later on I included Final Location as well. Somewhat slower then, so I assume the behaviour has to do with the number of waypoints.
odsweng

Unread post by odsweng »

Hi Catch, thanks for reporting this issue. Would you mind sending me the GPX files you are testing with? Being able to test with the same files as you will help me investigate this issue easier.

Please create a zipped folder of the files (labeled to indicate which is which), and email it to my team at outdoor.beta@garmin.com. You can make the subject of the email "Montana 700 GPX/Geocache bug report" or something similar.

If the files are too large to email, please email us to say that you encountered this limitation, and we can work out an alternative method for you to send us these files.

Thanks,
Mel S.
Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team
Catch

Unread post by Catch »

odsweng wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:47 pm Hi Catch, thanks for reporting this issue. Would you mind sending me the GPX files you are testing with? Being able to test with the same files as you will help me investigate this issue easier.

Please create a zipped folder of the files (labeled to indicate which is which), and email it to my team at outdoor.beta@garmin.com. You can make the subject of the email "Montana 700 GPX/Geocache bug report" or something similar.

If the files are too large to email, please email us to say that you encountered this limitation, and we can work out an alternative method for you to send us these files.

Thanks,
Mel S.
Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team
Done

Return to “Montana 7x0”