Viewing way points, tracks etc

Discussion related to Garmin BaseCamp software for Windows
dmb1319

Viewing way points, tracks etc

Unread post by dmb1319 »

I gave a colleague a track tonight that includes a track and several way points. We both have BC 4.7.0 installed. I could see all the way points and track on my system. He could only see the track. Filtering was NOT turned on. Is there something I am missing?
The only feeling better than needing something on the trail and having it, is having it and not needing it!
Ride prepared!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Viewing way points, tracks etc

Unread post by GPSrChive »

A. Where was the track and waypoint file created?
B. How did you transfer that data to your PC?
C. How did you share the track with your friend?
dmb1319

Unread post by dmb1319 »

A. Track was created using Garmin Southwest 24K TOPO in Basecamp by using rout able trails to create a route. That route was then converted to a track using the context menu option in Basecamp.
B. It was not transferred to my PC since it was created there.
C. Shared with colleague by exporting the track from My Collections in Basecamp to a thumb drive, then importing the track from the thumb drive into colleagues copy of Basecamp.

I should also note we were doing a sort of GPS/Basecamp "chalk talk" learning from each other. That same track went onto three other computers using the same methods and the way points all showed up fine on the other systems (various laptops).

AND, the colleague who could not see way points only had the standard Global Map installed that comes with the Basecamp install. I thought that might be the culprit. However when I switched to that map on my system the way points still displayed. We tried switching to the Global map on two of the other systems and the way points displayed normally.

THANK you for your interest and help!
The only feeling better than needing something on the trail and having it, is having it and not needing it!
Ride prepared!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Can you email the gpx file to webmaster@GPSrChive.com?
dmb1319

Unread post by dmb1319 »

I DID email the track. Please let me know if you did not receive it and I will re-send.
Ride prepared!

Return to “BaseCamp (PC)”