Proximity alert not working

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Oscar

Proximity alert not working

Unread post by Oscar »

Well basically that's it:) Proximity alerts are just not working. Latest firmware installed, sounds and vibration are on. I choose waypoint, I set radius I see that it is registered by device, but when I enter the desired radius there are no any alerts.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Proximity alert not working

Unread post by GPSrChive »

You'll have to provide more detailed information if you want others to attempt duplication.

Please provide firmware version installed. Note: "Latest" or "Most Recent" or "Current" or anything other than the actual firmware version is not an acceptable response.

Thank you.
Przekątny

Unread post by Przekątny »

Oscar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:12 pm Proximity alerts are just not working. Latest firmware installed, sounds and vibration are on. I choose waypoint, I set radius I see that it is registered by device, but when I enter the desired radius there are no any alerts.
Maybe check it this way, don't set a route, mark a point with a proximity alarm nearby and approach this point.
A message should appear on the screen informing you that you are approaching the point,
and there should also be an audio signal.
Oscar

Unread post by Oscar »

Thanks for the reply. I tried to put a point and approach it. Doesn't trigger a message nor alarm.
Firmware version: 7.60
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you!

We just performed a quick and simple test by projecting a new waypoint a short distance away and configuring the new waypoint proximity alert for 0.01 miles distance.

When crossing this proximity threshold while walking towards and/or away from the waypoint, we observed visual, audible and tactile notifications.
Proximity Alert Test
GPSMAP 67 Proximity Alert Testing.png
How are you creating your waypoints? On the device or externally before sending them to the device? Are the proximity values entered when created or after?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Przekątny

Oscar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:02 pm Thanks for the reply. I tried to put a point and approach it. Doesn't trigger a message nor alarm.
You can try to do a Master Reset, but I would also check the proximity alarm in other profiles.
Przekątny

There may be another reason for the alarm point not having any effect, maybe you are entering the alarm radius in other units, which makes the radius too large, in other words you are inside the alarm zone.
I don't know what units you use, but by entering a radius of 10 m with the units Miles setting, you get an alarm radius of 16093 m (over 16 km).
Notice that after determining the alarm radius, a circle appears around the alarm point - you may not notice that a circle with a radius of 16 km has been created.
Check the unit setting.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

Przekątny wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:30 pm There may be another reason for the alarm point not having any effect, maybe you are entering the alarm radius in other units, which makes the radius too large, in other words you are inside the alarm zone.
I don't know what units you use, but by entering a radius of 10 m with the units Miles setting, you get an alarm radius of 16093 m (over 16 km).
Notice that after determining the alarm radius, a circle appears around the alarm point - you may not notice that a circle with a radius of 16 km has been created.
Check the unit setting.
I agree.
Approaching a point works very well in GPSMAP67. It looks like you used the wrong distance data. I have units in kilometers.
The window for entering the distance is 000.00, where 001.00 is 1km. 20 meters will be 000.02 respectively.
The distance cannot be set shorter than 10m - 000.01.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr

Return to “GPSMAP 67”