Where do i save a track to a collection on 67i

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Exit106

Where do i save a track to a collection on 67i

Unread post by Exit106 »

So i’ve done my hike and saved my track on the 67i. Where on the 67i can I attribute one of my “Explore” collection when saving from the 67i. I can only figure out that a collection can only be attributed once the file resides in the Garmin cloud. I would like to save a track with the right collection when I safe it on the 67i.

Any help is appreciated.

Merci
JungleJim

Re: Where do i save a track to a collection on 67i

Unread post by JungleJim »

It's not possible to select in which collection an activity is saved on the device itself. Also saved activities don't sync with a device when put in a collection.

So the use case for collections is more to organize any waypoints, tracks, courses and routes you create in Explore mobile app or Explore Web and then being able to (selectively) sync these to a Garmin device. Also on the Garmin device itself you can then filter the available waypoints, tracks, courses and routes by enabling or disabling collections via the Collections app.

So if you would want to save a track from an activity you recorded you can do that on the GPSMAP, sync with Explore (either app or web), add the track to a collection and then sync again, you would have that track available in the collection you selected.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
Exit106

Unread post by Exit106 »

Thx for the explanation JungleJim.
I’m still trying to figure out the intricacies of the collections game. I’ve had my database of “collections” on my laptop for years and used to just use the usb port to enable the Garmin as an external drive and moved stuff around. Not yet seing the improvements Garmin now has to offer to what I had.
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

It's still possible to manage your GPSMAP in that way, just connect it to a PC and manage the files on the GPSMAP. Just be aware that on macOS this is a bit more complex because the GPSMAP 67 series don't support mass storage mode anymore but have switched to MTP. So on macOS you need a 3rd party tool like Android File Transfer to access the files and you need to make sure that Basecamp and Garmin Express are fully quit.

I have to say I don't use the Collections feature that much, but again I don't have that many items on my GPSMAP. Usually I just create an ad-hoc Course with the Explore app or sync with AllTrails or Komoot to get a Course on my device.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520

Return to “GPSMAP 67”