Geocache Found Symbol

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
Tufty

Geocache Found Symbol

Unread post by Tufty »

When I was using my old 62s used to show the Geocache Found symbol on the map until I loaded a new geocache gpx file. I notice the 66st doesn't do this.

I like to know how many and where the caches are during a caching trip. A number used to appear in the Geocache Dashboard of the Compass. I use these as a reference on how my progress is on a trip to get a certain daily number. It would be nice to have this added to the Missing Features List.

Also I am a fan of having the Custom POIs position in the Find list able to be moved.

My apologies on not doing the quote insertion correctly in my previous post in the "Nuisance when Geocaching" thread. Still learning something new each day.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Geocache Found Symbol

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Tufty wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:59 amWhen I was using my old 62s used to show the Geocache Found symbol on the map until I loaded a new geocache gpx file. I notice the 66st doesn't do this.
My GPSMAP 66 places a 'Geocache Found' symbol for each cache logged as found. Have you looked to see if you have 'Found' geocaches filtered to not show in the Geocache Filters?
searchjaunt

Unread post by searchjaunt »

In fact, I had the strange phenomena that, despite that a cache that I indicated as found (and was indicated in the agend as such) still was indicated as not found on the map. That despite that the geocaching filter was selected not to display found caches (btw, one should have this filter also for the map IMO). I'm using the the custom icons as found on this site.
Didn't have the time to further investigate whether or not this is a one time only hick-up after installing 3.1
GPSrChive
Site Admin

searchjaunt wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:14 am In fact, I had the strange phenomena that, despite that a cache that I indicated as found (and was indicated in the agend as such) still was indicated as not found on the map. That despite that the geocaching filter was selected not to display found caches (btw, one should have this filter also for the map IMO). I'm using the the custom icons as found on this site.
Didn't have the time to further investigate whether or not this is a one time only hick-up after installing 3.1
Spent some time this morning trying to duplicate, but can not. Running firmware 3.10, found caches are always displayed as such, unfound are displayed as such, and when I apply filters to show/hide unfound, they are respected in the geocache list and map pages.

Maybe you can share some screen captures to show us what you are seeing?
searchjaunt

Unread post by searchjaunt »

Unfortunately I can't seem to replicate it anymore either. I'll keep it mind and I'll make a screen shot when it's happening again.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

searchjaunt wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:02 pm Unfortunately I can't seem to replicate it anymore either. I'll keep it mind and I'll make a screen shot when it's happening again.
Thank You!

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”