Garmin Express 7.18.1.0

Discussion related to Garmin Express (PC) software
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Garmin Express 7.18.1.0

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Garmin Express (PC) version 7.18.1.0 is available for download directly from Garmin.

Change Log:
  • Resolved an issue with activity files being deleted from a device after being synced.
    • Note: These activities are synced and uploaded to Garmin Connect.

Download: Garmin Express
Download: Garmin Express for Windows 7
MrT

Re: Garmin Express 7.18.1.0

Unread post by MrT »

after update to 7.18.1.0 Garmin Express is unable to start on my PC.

after starting Garmin Express I am getting the following error:
error msg after starting
Error01.jpg
and the program closes with this message
error msg 2 after starting
Error02.jpg
after uninstalling and during re-install there is the following error
error msg during re-install
Error03.jpg
if I install the prg on my D:\ drive it appears to believe the installation worked (allthough I am getting the same error msg), if I anstall on C:\ the installation fails (with the same msg).
It doesn't matter if I install on C:\ or D:\ using Admin rights or not. Either the installation fails or the prg is unable to start afterwards (with above mentioned messages which do point specificaly to a path on my C:\ drive, even if I install on D:\)

I have "reported" the error already.

can someone tell me where I can find and download / install an older Version of Garmin Express?

btw - I am using Win7 SP1 (which should be enough to run Garmin Express according to their White Pages)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

According to Garmin, Express version 7.18.0 and higher do not support Windows version 8 and earlier anymore. See this statement on the Garmin Forums.

Garmin also states that Garmin Express may work on older Windows versions, but apparently you're proof that that isn't necessarily the case ;)

In the same post a link to Garmin Express 7.17.3 is provided.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

GPSrChive wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:19 pm Change Log:
  • Not Yet Published.
In the mean time, release notes have been posted by Garmin:
  • Resolved an issue with activity files being deleted from a device after being synced.
    Note: These activities are synced and uploaded to Garmin Connect.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520

Return to “Garmin Express (PC)”