Battery drain when powered off

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
csewell

Battery drain when powered off

Unread post by csewell »

Is the battery pack in the Montana 700 supposed to drain when the 700 is powered off? If I charge it to 100%, then turn it off and not use it for a few days, when I power it up again, the battery pack is dead and needs to be charged. My old Montana 680 used to retain its charge when powered off.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Battery drain when powered off

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I suspect your Montana has not actually been powered off when this occurs. More likely it has been suspended in stand by mode. Our Montana 7x0 devices can be left off for weeks with no battery drain evident.

Do check to make sure the barometer is not configured to record pressure when powered off, this is the only feature that can drain battery when powered off.
csewell

Unread post by csewell »

Oh, it's definitely off. Press and hold the power key until it beeps and shuts down. Altimeter is on and set to Pressure Trending-> Save When Power On.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

What option do you have configured in Setup > Expedition Mode?
csewell

Unread post by csewell »

Looks like it may have fixed itself after it spontaneously reset itself a couple of days ago. I charged it to 100% last night, unplugged it and then plugged it back into the charger this morning and it was still at 100%. Expedition Mode is set to Never.

Return to “Montana 7x0”