7x0i shutdown issues resolution

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
Z-master

7x0i shutdown issues resolution

Unread post by Z-master »

Hi team,

I saw on the Garmin forums just before, that 4 days ago, Garmin-Leslie posted

"Hello and good day!

We’ve identified a fix for the problem of your Montana 7xx device shutting down randomly while inserted in a powered (AMPS or speaker) mount.

You will be receiving an email from us in the next few days that explains the fix for this problem. If you do not receive an email from us about this topic, please contact your local support team."

in regards to being in a powered/AMPS mount. I've check the thread once in awhile to see if there have been any public updates.. Did anyone get that e-mail and would care to share it, before I go down the support ticket route?

Cheers.
RunnerAndrew

Re: 7x0i shutdown issues resolution

Unread post by RunnerAndrew »

A friend of mine who owns a Montana 700 received this email:

Hello and good day!

We wanted to touch base with you regarding the concern you reported to us of your Montana 7xx device shutting down randomly while inserted in a powered (AMPS or speaker) mount.

We’ve identified a fix for this problem, and we would like to send you a service kit for your Montana mount to prevent this issue in the future.  This service kit contains updated dampers and bushings along with instructions to install them to your Montana’s mount. This update improves the performance in high vibration conditions, and this will resolve the problem for you.

You will be receiving another email to allow for shipping the service kit. It’s as simple as you entering your shipping information and when that has been done, the order will be processed.

Once you receive the kit, reference the following article: How to Install Replacement Montana 7xx Series Mount Dampers
Spoiler
Don’t worry if you misplace this email, the kit package will also contain the link and a QR code to the link.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,
Z-master

Unread post by Z-master »

Sounds like reaching out to Support is needed then. Champion, thanks for the reply
Induro

Unread post by Induro »

Has anyone received a service kit from Garmin yet ? Does it work ?

I live in Indonesia. I received an email from Garmin Leslie and Garmin in Australia with the same emails detailed above but I have yet to receive the kit. Garmin Indonesia doesn't know anything about the kits even though the kits were apparently sent them out to them from Australia. I'm pulling my hair out here.
Is it available to purchase anywhere ?
ConiKost

Unread post by ConiKost »

Yes, I do have.
Spoiler
IMG_8804.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.20, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
Induro

Unread post by Induro »

Thanks.

I managed to get in contact with Garmin in Sydney who are very kindly sending me out the service kit.

Does the kit resolve the problem ?

Return to “Montana 7x0”