GPSMAP 66i bug: additional waypoints and user waypoints not visible on geocaching map

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPSr
MountainAir

GPSMAP 66i bug: additional waypoints and user waypoints not visible on geocaching map

Unread post by MountainAir »

I'm not sure, but this might also be something new that came with firmware version 8.10. When on the map of the geocaching page, additional waypoints and user waypoints do not show. They only do show after having selected a geocache and pressing [enter], and then they are useless, because you can't select them to navigate to or view, as the rocker key can only be used to go through the menu, not to move the cursor. When you press [quit] to get out of the menu, the additional wapoints disappear again.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66i bug: additional waypoints and user waypoints not visible on geocaching map

Unread post by GPSrChive »

All user waypoints and other data that are not geocaches are purposely not displayed on the Geocache Map page to help deal with unwanted clutter, as it is assumed on this page the user wants only to work with geocaches.

The Montana 7x0 does include a menu option to enable and disable the display of user waypoints, most likely due to the very much larger display available. We have requested a similar menu option on the GPSMAP 66 series, but are not holding our breath!

Child waypoints are available via the Geocache page once you are navigating to a specific geocache, and all waypoint data is available on the main Map page at all times (unless you have prevented its display with filters or zoom settings).

The only real bug here is the fact that the 'additional waypoints' are displayed at all (they shouldn't be).

Please remind me to revisit this after the next firmware update is released!
MountainAir

Re: GPSMAP 66i bug: additional waypoints and user waypoints not visible on geocaching map

Unread post by MountainAir »

Thanks for clearing that up! Glad it's not yet another 8.10 bug.

Return to “GPSMAP 66i”