Missing Features: Geocaching-Functionality

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
bonstetten

Missing Features: Geocaching-Functionality

Unread post by bonstetten »

Following Geocaching functions are missing (apparently no functional changes since Oregon 7x0/ GPSMAP 64):
  1. Number of Geocaches is just limited by the memory, but the belonging waypoints to a geocache are limited (10'000). This limits the possibility to load a lot of geocaches (in my case ex. > 30'000) with the belonging waypoints.
  2. Possibility to send geocaching logs not directly as logs, but as field notes to edit them later at home.
  3. Use the entered comment/text when directly sending logs.
  4. Easy access to the waypoints belonging to a geocaches (can be identified by their names which are similar as the GC-Code)
  5. Possibility to edit log text later
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Missing Features: Geocaching-Functionality

Unread post by GPSrChive »

bonstetten wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:01 pm Following Geocaching functions are missing (apparently no functional changes since Oregon 7x0/ GPSMAP 64):
  1. Number of Geocaches is just limited by the memory, but the belonging waypoints to a geocache are limited (10'000). This limits the possibility to load a lot of geocaches (in my case ex. > 30'000) with the belonging waypoints.
  2. Possibility to send geocaching logs not directly as logs, but as field notes to edit them later at home.
  3. Use the entered comment/text when directly sending logs.
  4. Easy access to the waypoints belonging to a geocaches (can be identified by their names which are similar as the GC-Code)
  5. Possibility to edit log text later
1. That's gonna be a tough one. Other than increasing the number of indexed waypoints (there will always be a limit), do you have any other solutions?
2. Added to Common Issues > Requested Features (see #1).
3. See Common Issues > Bug #1.
4. See Common Issues > Missing Feature #1.
5. Added to Common Issues > Requested Features (see #6).
bonstetten

Re: Missing Features: Geocaching-Functionality

Unread post by bonstetten »

gpsrchive wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:03 pm 1. That's gonna be a tough one. Other than increasing the number of indexed waypoints (there will always be a limit), do you have any other solutions?
My solution currently is to save all addidtional geocaches waypoints as POI (instead of waypoints). Here the limit only seems to be the memory and I have all GC-waypoints on my device.

But this needs additional action an for me is not "state of the art" .
I would prefere that they could be loaded as designed with the geocaches GPX or GGZ

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”