GPSMAP 66 Firmware 5.00

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr

Re: GPSMAP 66 Firmware 5.00

Unread post by 987 »

Hi.
Etrex vista HCx for example allows you to move down from the bottom to arrive at the top, and to move up from the to arrive at the bottom.

In my original post, it was written like this (issue marked in italic):

Having around 100 waypoints, going into the waypoint manager takes about a second.
During the loading time, i can press the D-pad up and move to the last waypoint by scrolling backwards.
After the list is loaded, it is not possible to scroll around from top up to bottom, or from bottom down to get to the very top.
It's not a big issue, but it would be more convenient to be able to scroll in any direction also from top and bottom.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you for the example!

The eTrex Vista HCx is not a mass storage GPSr. When Garmin progressed from those first-gen 'Garmin Serial' devices to the next-gen 'Mass Storage Mode' devices, many changes were made to the user interface, and it appears this was one of them!

Unread post by 987 »

I see, but i still find it strange that for waypoints and other objects one cannot move directly from the top to the bottom by pressing up (and similar from bottom to top).
Take for example the Recorded activities. In that list you can roll-over from the bottom to the top, or from the top to the bottom, you do not have to scroll the entire list. If you have an Active route ongoing (you are navigating) in the Active route page you may also jump directly from the top to the bottom by pressing D-pad up.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Thank you for helping make a very detailed argument!

Posted as GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66 > Common Issues > Bug 99.
wimv

Unread post by wimv »

I recently bought a 66sr, and experienced a flashing screen while using the geocaching live mode. The screen flashed between map and main menu, and when using the D-pad up&down I would see the menu items of the geocaching page's menu.
I updated last week with basecamp.

But the firmware version of my unit is 2.90, but no updates seem available. Has the 66sr a different firmware version ?
Last edited by wimv on Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

wimv wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:58 pmI recently bought a 66sr ... But the firmware version of my unit is 2.90, but no updates seem available. Has the 66sr a different firmware version ?
Congratulations on your purchase of Garmin's finest GPSMAP 6x to date!

The GPSMAP 66sr does not use the same firmware as the GPSMAP 66s/st or GPSMAP 66i.

Detailed information specific to the GPSMAP 66sr can be found at GPSrChive > GPSMAP > GPSMAP66sr.

Also, questions and observations related to the GPSMAP 66sr should be posted in the GPSMAP 66sr forum.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”