GPSMAP 66st + HRM Dual = No calories

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66st + HRM Dual = No calories

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Which firmware are you currently running on the GPSMAP 66st?

We just tested again on our GPSMAP 66st with the HRM-Dual (connected via ANT+) and Calories are counted properly.
SFP

Unread post by SFP »

I'm running firmware 6.00.

I don't have any ideas what to change next. I've resetted the device multiple times.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I was going to suspect some setting somewhere may be the cause, but if you have reset the device and then ONLY connected the HRM and tested without changing any other settings and still have same result, then it is likely not a device setting...

Perhaps you can configure a Trip Computer page to show the Heart Rate, Calories, Speed and Track Distance, then go for a short walk while recording the page and/or taking screen captures to demonstrate the issue to Garmin.

If you do that, I can report the issue to Garmin.
SFP

Unread post by SFP »

I've had a case opened with Garmin but it seems like it's software problem that they might fix sometimes. We had the usueal "can you update your device" conversation. That ended to this absolutely rubbish firmware catastroph in 5.x and finally to 6.0.

I only use the device when cycling. If I don't use the heartbelt, it shows the calories. I've sent the system settings and GPX-files to Garmin and they should have all the information.

Yet, it's intresting that someone else has the GPSMAP 66ST and HRM Dual combo working? :shock:
SFP

Unread post by SFP »

Update on this: No change when using Garmin HRM Pro.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”