How to check distance.

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
rev

How to check distance.

Unread post by rev »

I have uploaded track gps (* .gpx) on the map. Can I check which kilometer of the route I am on? Or to check which kilometer after clicking on some route point?

Re: How to check distance.

Unread post by 987 »

If you by the map, mean the map on the unit, i have not been able to see on which kilometre i am when looking at a track afterwords.
If you add a route with route points it may help you to some extent and perhaps show the remaining distance to a point or the end, but you would have to try it out.

Unread post by 987 »

if you check the Saved tracks, open the track in question, and select the elevation plot, it will show you approximate location as you move along the graph.
It is not very precise, but you can select to show where on the map it was. (This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but anyhow).
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

rev wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:02 am I have uploaded track gps (* .gpx) on the map. Can I check which kilometer of the route I am on? Or to check which kilometer after clicking on some route point?
Your question is a little tough to decipher!

"Upload a track on the map" - Uploaded how? Where? What map?

"Can I check which kilometer of the route I am on?" - Is this a track or a route?

I like using a Windows program called GPS Track Editor for reviewing my tracklogs on my PC.

In an attempt to answer your question, this program does allow me to select any point along the track and see data like 'Distance From Start', which sounds like maybe that is what you desire.

You can find a link to this program and others on the 'GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66 > Software' page.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”