Europe TopoActive routable or not?

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Europe TopoActive routable or not?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

This agrees with the information I have from Garmin: That TopoActive mapping is intentionally not routable by automobile due to the fact that they can not guarantee OSM traffic direction and/or restrictions are correct for every road and intersection. It is interesting that initially, following the routing provided it appears to be working until the first recalculation occurs. I will forward this information along and report any new findings.
il_pippi

Unread post by il_pippi »

Bah, if it is not routable it should not be at all....not that with HIKING it is and with CAR no , but only until first re-calculation :lol: :lol:

Anyway, interesting conversation :)

Unread post by 987 »

H.
I can confirm the observation that topoactive europe 2019.20 on GPSMAP 66st software 4.10, gps 2.70.

When selecting routing to a point and selecting activity Automobile driving, it will route a stright line.
When selecting routing to a point and selecting activity Cycling it will route a roads and bi-cycle paths.

Maybe garmin disabled routing by car, to make people use/buy city navigator maps instead for car routting?
il_pippi

yes, i had contact from garmin assistance.

they're developed to be used in OUTDOOR, even if route are recognized and routable, don't have to be used driving car/motorbike.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

987 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:07 pmMaybe garmin disabled routing by car, to make people use/buy city navigator maps instead for car routting?
From my post above:
gpsrchive wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 pmThis agrees with the information I have from Garmin: That TopoActive mapping is intentionally not routable by automobile due to the fact that they can not guarantee OSM traffic direction and/or restrictions are correct for every road and intersection.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

FWIW, Garmin does have a resolution to this issue in the works, so stay tuned!
il_pippi

really?
from what they told me it's a precise choice to have the topoactive in this way.

maybe too many user complained... :D

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”