Dismissing Message Screens

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
robert

Dismissing Message Screens

Unread post by robert »

When message screens are popped up they take control of the user interface. Such as Satellites Lost. In order to dismiss the screen you need to press Enter. I always finding myself going for the Quit key whenever I want to leave or dismiss a screen and pressing enter when I want to go further into a screen. So my brain always goes for the wrong key.

Where there is no action to be performed on prompt can I suggest that Quit would be a better key to dismiss the screen. I am not sure if there are but if there is a message screen which does have an associated action then Quit could be used to dismiss and Enter used to perform the action.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Dismissing Message Screens

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Interesting observation!

We very much appreciate you sharing your observations and questions here, and hope you continue to do so!

You can (and should) share all these idea with Garmin also.

Contact information can be found near the top of the Common Issues pages and the bottom of the Troubleshooting/Diagnostic pages (where available).

Thank You!
g66

Unread post by g66 »

Haha, i already made the same observation.
There are so many things to improve - and i would send those ideas to garmin - but i myself could not find any contact which is near enough to the programmers chief, to get direkt conversation and feedback for improving the unit.

I also forwarded the list of gpsrchive to garmin but i only got the typical hotline firewall answers with textmodul 4711.
robert

Unread post by robert »

gpsrchive wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:45 am Interesting observation!

We very much appreciate you sharing your observations and questions here, and hope you continue to do so!

You can (and should) share all these idea with Garmin also.

Contact information can be found near the top of the Common Issues pages and the bottom of the Troubleshooting/Diagnostic pages (where available).

Thank You!
I did send some of my first observations to Garmin a few days ago by email. No confirmation of receipt email or feedback as yet. Is this just a black hole or do they reply?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Garmin typically do not respond unless further information is warranted. They do read and disseminate information provided. Probably less than 5% of those who post online ever send emails to Garmin, so they do not receive as much input as you might expect.
robert

Unread post by robert »

gpsrchive wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:04 pm Garmin typically do not respond unless further information is warranted. They do read and disseminate information provided. Probably less than 5% of those who post online ever send emails to Garmin, so they do not receive as much input as you might expect.
Reported to Garmin, and got a reply this time.
g66

Unread post by g66 »

What ist the best email-adress for Garmin to report bugs?
robert

Unread post by robert »

g66 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:29 am What ist the best email-adress for Garmin to report bugs?
see details on this page

https://www.gpsrchive.com/GPSMAP/GPSMAP ... ssues.html
g66

Unread post by g66 »

Product.Support@garmin.com
was the email of the last conversations
Hmmm - what should i say .....
robert

Unread post by robert »

Details of your unit and SW version