The map is not complete [Bug 63]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
Marcin

The map is not complete [Bug 63]

Unread post by Marcin »

On the map with small data fields at the bottom of the screen, the map does not come to an end, when I have a full-screen map, it's fine. Do you have it too? It seems a software problem.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: The map is not complete [Bug 63]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what you are describing, I just looked at my GPSMAP 66 map page with and without small data fields, and I do not see any problems.

Can you capture screen images of what you are describing/seeing? (pictures are worth a thousand words!)
Marcin

Unread post by Marcin »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Interesting...

GPSMAP 66 Firmware version?

Map name and version?

Thank you
Marcin

Unread post by Marcin »

3.10, this is the case on all the maps I have: OSM UMP topo Eu. I also noticed that it only occurs when the direction is up, when the north is up is good. I also noticed on the data fields screen that a piece of vertical line is missing and the horizontal line is thinner than the others:

https://ibb.co/bWD0gmr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Art

Unread post by Art »

I know why that is, it’s been an issue from the beginning, and you’d notice it tenfold with Birdseye imagery loaded,
and/or driving in a car at speed.

A dynamic bounding box which has to be calculated for a rotated projection to decide what to render in the current view
is calculated one frame out of step with the rendering.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

I have replicated the missing space at the bottom of the map page display with map page set to track up. This is now Bug 63 on the Common Issues page.

The 'missing' line in the second photo is normal, as it is the 'border' between the six data field trip computer screen and the four data field dashboard. You can see the same 'space' at the top of the dashboard, just below the Status Bar at the top of the screen.

Thank you for reporting!
g66

Unread post by g66 »

I hope, the 63 Bugs will be fixed until christmas
Christmas 2019 :lol:
Marcin

Unread post by Marcin »

Thank you for explaining the problem
Art

Unread post by Art »

It could happen in north up mode as well, although making the mistake in north up mode is twice as dumb.
I believe the 64 did the same thing the whole time I owned one, but do’t quote me on that one.
Also, if you stay stationery, IIRC the next frame render should have corrected itself and display fully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhgL-KUsIN0&t=310s

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”