Battery Save Status Question

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
bonstetten

Battery Save Status Question

Unread post by bonstetten »

Is there a possibility to recognise if the GPAMAP 66 is „off“ or just „locked/display off“?

It happens, that I‘m not shure if my device is still running ( locked/display off) or power off. When I press the power button it starts in both cases. But I just wanted to know if it‘s off....
Why to use the LED beside the button (ex. Blinking every 2 seconds) ?
Art

Re: Battery Save Status Question

Unread post by Art »

I’m not sure what you’re asking, bu the LED blinks in expedition mode, and not when powered off.
If the unit is crashed, the power button won’t do anything, and the batteries need to come out & back in to restart.
If the display is off, but the unit is running, any button should turn the display back on.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Currently, the only way to exit the 'Battery Save (Screen Off)' mode is to press the Power Button. I had completely forgotten about this issue (actually, I thought it was already noted in the Common Issues page, but, alas, it is not) until I read this post.

Feature Request #16 has been added to the GPSMAP 66 Common Issues page. Those who desire this change must contact Garmin and request they include Feature Request #16 (frequently).
bonstetten

Unread post by bonstetten »

Your right, I‘m referring to the „Power Save mode“. In this mode, the GPS switches off the display and locks the buttons.You only can wake up the device by pressing the power-on button. But the GPS is not off, just „in power save mode“:
And I‘m not able to detect if the device is off or in power save mode.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”