heart rate belt CoosPo

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
mimichris

heart rate belt CoosPo

Unread post by mimichris »

Hello,
I have a CoosPo heart rate belt that is not recognized by the 66s yet it has been recognized by the Etrex Touch 35. The 66's only recognizes the Gartmin belt. Do you have an idea ?
Thanks
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: heart rate belt CoosPo

Unread post by GPSrChive »

The GPSMAP 66 only just started recognizing Garmin HRM correctly with Firmware 3.10 that was just released this week!

Which firmware are you running?

You can contact Garmin to request they add support for your HRM, and it may not happen very soon, if at all.

But, you have to ask them first!
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

That it is the firmware 3.00 and 3.10 it is not recognized, it is recognized on my GPSMAP 62st.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I have passed this information along to the Garmin software engineering team!

But still, you must contact them and report the issue!
Themistokles

Unread post by Themistokles »

I suppose that this is a belt which can connect via ANT/ANT+ as well as via Bluetooth. It is known that the 66s can be worried when trying to pair such accessories; at least, this was the case in the past (before firmware 3.10 which eventually has resolved this issue).

The solution usually is to turn off Bluetooth at the 66s. Then you probably can pair your belt with the device via ANT/ANT+. After having done so, you may turn on Bluetooth again. Once having been stored / recognized, the ANT/ANT+ pairing will survive reboots of the device even if Bluetooth has been turned on again. That is, you have to turn off Bluetooth only once temporarily when pairing your belt for the first time with the 66s, and afterwards may turn it on again and leave it enabled without disturbing the connection between the belt and the device.

At least, this is what I have read elsewhere, as far as I can remember, and it sounds logical to me.

Please let us know your results.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”