GPSMAP 66 Firmware 3.00

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
oldkingog

Re: GPSMAP 66 Firmware 3.00

Unread post by oldkingog »

Great--thanks! I commute 6-7 miles each way to work. When I use the heart monitor, the 66 just shuts off about 1 in 3 trips while navigating. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when this occurs. Since I abandoned the monitor, the 66 hasn't crashed in about 12 trips. When I get the chance, I'll try again with the monitor attached.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Are you actively following a route on the GPSr? Is it guiding you to a destination? And do you have any other ANT+ sensors connected when this occurs?
oldkingog

I'm not following a route. Just recording a track. No other sensors besides the hear rate monitor.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Excellent, thank You!
oldkingog

Thanks for looking into it!
mstawick

Unread post by mstawick »

Hi all,
I'm usually tracking ~70km rides. I'm following the same track, but not routing it. I had literally not a single ride where my device hasn't crashed. I've started with having Android phone paired and connected, cadence, speed and hrm sensors connected, and auto-lap set to 1km. I'm turning off features and trying to narrow this down, but here are my findings so far:
- I've seen a crash the moment a notification came (yes, phone pairing was the first thing I ditched),
- I've seen a crash the moment I received "Low battery warning",
- I've seen a crash the moment auto-lap happened.

Next ride I'm going to test with all the sensors off and auto-lap off.

Meanwhile, all these crashes have in common is that they show this notification popup rectangle. I'm wondering if this could be the issue.

BTW, I've written to Garmin support with a really detailed description and all I got back was "... it's the first time we hear about it ... please update the software on your WATCH ...". They seriously suck.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

mstawick, can you please send the GarminDevice.xml and System.xml files from your GPSMAP 66 Garmin directory to webmaster@GPSrChive.com. Add a small note to remind me which issues you were having (repeat crashes).

Thank You!

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”