Firmware 2.50 Issues

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
Mikkyp20

Firmware 2.50 Issues

Unread post by Mikkyp20 »

I have experienced a number of issues after updating the Firmware to 2.50.

1 The unit sometimes turns off when changing pages. This has happened a number of times.
2 After selecting a geocache to go to, then going back to the geocaching page I am presented with a list of geocaches, and have to again select one to go to.
3 On the small data screen selected for Distance to Destination; the distance showed 0km when actual distance is more than 10m. This distance did not change when the unit location was moved. Happened 2 times, then corrected itself.
4 Calibrating compass. I have raised this before. The 3rd stage calibration is very difficult to carry out successfully. This problem remains.

Anyone else have these issues?
Art

Re: Firmware 2.50 Issues

Unread post by Art »

I can calibrate the compass ok, but the last part turning the device end to end fails often as you say.
I’ve had two units and this was the same for both.

Since I’ve still not used a 66 much outdoors, I can’t comment much on the rest, except it still turns off for me a lot
when browsing the map screen at low zoom. I think 2.50 did improve this, but only a step in the right direction, rather than fixing it.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I have not experienced any of the issues you mention yet, but if you do again, please try to get photos or screenshots or even video if you are so inclined - It makes it much easier to duplicate or explain to the software engineers at Garmin!

I will be trying to duplicate them in the meantime.
Art

Unread post by Art »

For the compass calibration, I suspect it might just be harder for a Human to turn the device end to end, while keeping it’s centre axis in the same position.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”