That annoys me: 30 seconds the device is blocked when you call up the geocaching list

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
bonstetten

That annoys me: 30 seconds the device is blocked when you call up the geocaching list

Unread post by bonstetten »

I loaded about 30K geocaching using a ggz-File into my 66st.

If I jump into the geocaching-menu and the "list"-function (middle function of three) is selected, the system is blocked for about 30 sec (!) while the list of nearest geocaching is generated.
It's not possible to cancel that function. This is very unsatisfactory, especially when you are moving around with the device and you want to look at the map again.

I know, there is no solution (or have I missed something?) and I gave up the hope that Garmin is listening to such requirements.
How you are dealing with that? I can not believe, that I'm the only one who uses such functions the device provides.
24raus

Re: That annoys me: 30 seconds the device is blocked when you call up the geocaching list

Unread post by 24raus »

You are not the only one ;) I tried to use several smaller files and activatate only the one for the current region, but the this made not difference in the time needed to show the list. At the end I reduce to about ~8K and there it is 5 secs which is ok for me
Last edited by 24raus on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: That annoys me: 30 seconds the device is blocked when you call up the geocaching list

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Added Feature Request #37 to GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66 > Common Issues.

Sent request to Garmin.
bonstetten

Unread post by bonstetten »

Thanks for addings this to the request list.

...never give up the hope.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”