Proximity Alerts - Bug? [Bug 108]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Proximity Alerts - Bug? [Bug 108]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Mongo, have you visited GPSrChive.com yet?

At the very top of this forum page you should see a banner like this:

Gr Banner.png

That link will open the GPSrChive home page.

From there, you can learn about how to replace the 'Found Geocache' symbol by selecting:

{your device} > Über User > Custom Symbols

or

How To... > Waypoints > Custom Waypoint Symbols

or

How To... > Geocaching > Custom Geocache Symbols

You will also find links to pre-made geocache symbols if you do not want to make your own!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mongo

Unread post by Mongo »

This is great, thanks GPSrChive!
I found the forum by searching for topics related to my problem, so missed the landing page for your site...
Much appreciated, I'll give the icon change a go later this week :P
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Common issue... Many find the forum, most never see the website with all the information. Please feel free to share it with other Garmin users!
CheminerWill

Unread post by CheminerWill »

Since the latest update proximity alerts have working perfectly for me on the 66st and 66sr. I get the alerts as expected anytime I approach a geocache within my set distance. I have all filter settings I have located on my units set to "all" and I get the alerts for all geocaches, unfound, found, hidden, so I am very happy Garmin is allowing for this. Yesterday this feature alerted me to two caches on a hike where I had not researched caches ahead of time. It was an out and back hike so after being alerted and finding both caches on the way out, my 66 alerted me again for them on the way back. This is exactly the behavior I hoped for as I want to always be alerted to all caches regardless of found or ownership status. I then can choose to ignore any that I want to.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”