New GPSMAP 64x series

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 64 series GPSr
ivhs72

Re: New GPSMAP 64x series

Unread post by ivhs72 »

ivhs72 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:51 pm Found another little glitch of sorts today. When I connected my 64s to my PC, and opened Garmin Express, it shows that both my 64s and 64sx are connected. When I look at the 64s, it shows that I have software 5.30 installed, and when I look at the 64sx, it shows I have 2.00 installed. But the 64sx is not even turned on......
As a follow up, when I connect the 64sx, Garmin Express only sees the 64sx, not the 64s.

Also found out that my local REI stores have the 64x in stock, but not the 64scx. The sx is an online only item. The 64scx only has 8gb....I can see that being a problem.......
ivhs72

Re: New GPSMAP 64x series

Unread post by ivhs72 »

Having to completey update the waypoints, tracks, etc. every time it's turned on is a bit of a problem. Like when changing batteries, it goes through that every time. Hopefully they will have a fix shortly, as that is the only thing I can see wrong with it now.

I also asked Garmin directly on their FB page about the TopoActive maps and updates. They said that the topo portion updates every 5-6 years, but the street portion is every 2. That's nice, given how often the infrastructures change these days.

I also asked about outright purchasing the TopoActive maps as separate maps, and that is being sent to their marketing department.

Return to “GPSMAP 64”