Garmin GPS North America map 2025.10

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 64 series GPSr
BIZNAWICH

Garmin GPS North America map 2025.10

Unread post by BIZNAWICH »

Is this version good, workable? I read where folks are having difficulty downloading it.

Biznawich
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Garmin GPS North America map 2025.10

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Which Garmin Map are you referring to, precisely?
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

I assume you’re talking about City Navigator map update?

There were indeed a lot of issues with installing maps with Garmin Express version 7.20.0.0 on Windows. These should be fixed with Express 7.20.3.0 which was released a couple of days ago.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
BIZNAWICH

Thank you again for all the replies.

I was wondering if it would be a good purchase for Windows and apparently it still has a few difficulties downloading.

This is not the only site I've read about it on.

I did manage to "extract" an entire (up to date) map of my home state of New Mexico (USAA) from the Open Street Map Extraction Service.

It miraculously has extremely up to date data bases...something I wanted to check out (as well if it functioned on my 2009 vintage GPSmap 76csx) before I made a donation to the site, which I have.

I don't know why GARMIN gave up on the old GPSr's for reason's other than marketing new (stuff) but I glad some didn't.

As far as foreign GPSr constellations are concerned the last time I traveled out of country was when I was in the service so I have no reason to use a GPSr that can use them.

Biznawich (Bruce Jennings)
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

BIZNAWICH wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:14 am As far as foreign GPSr constellations are concerned the last time I traveled out of country was when I was in the service so I have no reason to use a GPSr that can use them.

Biznawich (Bruce Jennings)
FYI - GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou are all 'global' navigation satellite constellations. All of then are available from pretty much anywhere on the Earth.
BIZNAWICH

Addendum to my previous post:

After doing some research I realized that GARMIN basically started treating the 76Csx and other models from that "era" using the SiRFstar III chipset like nonentities (from a support P.O.V.) due to a lawsuit (over patients) with Broadcom.

I owe Garmin a regret for my harsh attitude towards them. It can be difficult to think that a company simply stops supporting a product for reasons other than in terms of..."they'll need to upgrade to newer equipment ($$$) if they want to keep playing."

When I blew the dust off my 76Csx and began looking for upgraded maps, most (if not all) of the online GPSr vendors related that my receiver was defunct and they had no map updates for it.

My eventual discovery of "Open Street Map" through this forum and others was ultimately fruitful in that I did find up to date maps for my receiver and they work very well.

All this being said (vented), I do claim to be "reasonably" grown up and realize that what I experienced (again) was corporate claptrap and is a large part of modern life...but it's still annoying as hell.

Biznawich

Return to “GPSMAP 64”