Impressions of eTrex touch

Discussion related to the Garmin eTrex Touch 25, 35, 35t GPSr
Yogazoo

Impressions of eTrex touch

Post by Yogazoo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:01 am

I've been using my eTrex touch for quite a few months now. I feel as though the software is a bit immature but wanted to get a sense for how others felt. Very obvious and annoying icon issues and Current Activity (tracklog) oddities have me wondering how others feel about the unit.

gpsrchive
Site Admin

Re: Impressions of eTrex touch

Post by gpsrchive » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:30 pm

I have resisted buying one of these to date.....

sussamb

Post by sussamb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Interesting comment, perhaps you could explain what these 'obvious annoying icon issues and tracklog oddities' actually are??

Yogazoo

Post by Yogazoo » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:31 am

I hope to find a bit of time to post screenshots in the coming days but I'll start with a better description.

The Current Activity app icon doesn't scale correctly on multiple pages in "Classic Mode". This app is one of the few I place on the main menu screen but because it is annoying to look at it now goes in the drawer. Something like a screwed up icon should have been caught in pre-release beta.

When Auto Start is turned off in the tracklog setup menu, and you clear the tracklog, the track continues to record and the pause/play button in the Current Track app shows as if it's stopped but a recording is actually taking place. Another beta catch.

I've reported these issues to Garmin but so far a fix hasn't been released. I'll post a few screenshots when I get a chance.