Previous course restarts each time [Bug 35]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Vince_be

Previous course restarts each time [Bug 35]

Unread post by Vince_be »

Hi all,

I bought my GPSMAP 67 some weeks ago.

Usage is exclusively hiking. I have problem with the course planner.

This morning I made a small test course around home. The course has been created with Garmin Connect (Web). I prepared another small test course for the lunch time.

At noon, I selected the second course with course navigation set to "Roads & Trails" (as it was the case in the morning).

The calculation occurs correctly, then the information is visible on the second tab (with the Go button) but when I start the navigation, it's the course of the morning that is active again. No way to navigate another course (I tried also with a third one). Even if I deleted the course of the morning, it remains in memory for a reason or another...

I think I initially faced the same issue in the morning with a small course generated yesterday directly on the device but without knowing why it switched to the course after one or two retries.

If I start the same course with navigation set to "Direct Path", it behaves normally (compass navigation) but obviously without navigation information (turn by turn).

I don't know if it's a bug or a wrong manipulation at my side...

I opened a ticket at Garmin support and they asked me for a video describing the issue.

Any idea on how to fix this? Has anybody else already faced the same issue?

Thanks in advance for your help and advices...
Vince_be

Re: Previous course restarts each time [Bug 35]

Hi again,

One information that I just noticed, if I create routes directly on the devices it works correctly. The issue seems to occur when using courses created in Garmin Connect...

No clue why 😕
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Courses with issues are created in Garmin Connect? Or Garmin Explore?
Vince_be

In Garmin Connect
GPSrChive
Site Admin

I have never personally used Garmin Connect for this purpose, and I stay far away from Garmin Explore because it destroys entire databases on my devices. Your mileage may vary, or may be similar!

Since courses created on the device function correctly, one could easily assume this is a Garmin Connect issue...

Will be interested to hear what Garmin support has to say...
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

Vince_be wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:21 pm [...]
I have problem with the course planner.
[...]
Hi, welcome!

What you're experiencing is indeed a bug with the GPSMAP 67. It also happens with courses that have been created with the Garmin Explore app. So if you load a course on the device itself and navigate it with Roads & Trails, the device will load a different course than the one you selected.

The only workaround I have found works with Garmin Explore app, by starting the Course from within the app (with the Go button) and not on the device itself. Then it will load the correct course.

I suggest you report this bug to Garmin Support as well. The more people do, the more likely it will be resolved. Garmin should have an open case for it based on my bug report.

I also mentioned this issue (among others related to course navigation) on Garmin's forums, so you can refer to that as well in your bug report. See this thread.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
GPSrChive
Site Admin

JungleJim, is there another dedicated thread here for this issue?
JungleJim

I mentioned it in this post in the thread Courses, Routes and [Bug 33]. That thread contains multiple issues with Course navigation, ranging from non-sensical distance data on Course Points, Distance to Next and Distance to Dest data fields showing the same value, menu showing both Resume Navigation and Stop Navigation at the same time and the issue with a different course being loaded than the one selected on the device.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

Shouldn't we reset the routes on the trip computer page?
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
JungleJim

Not sure what you mean exactly? Resetting Trip Data or clearing the Current Activity from the Trip Computer does not affect the loaded Course.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”