Display of Altitude at Cursor - Random?

Discussion related to Garmin BaseCamp software for Windows
robert

Display of Altitude at Cursor - Random?

Unread post by robert »

I am using Basecamp with Garmin UK Ordinance Survey mapping. One feature which is useful when planning is to show the altitude at the cursor. This seems to be 'randomly' displayed in the status bar, see attached. This randomness occurs for exactly the same map and location.

I can't seem to pin it down to what forces this to be displayed and what stops it? Sometimes it is displayed and sometimes it is not.

Is there a keystroke or setting which forces this to be displayed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Display of Altitude at Cursor - Random?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I suspect that is related to how the elevation data is stored for that map, and only the map creator can answer that question for you.
robert

Unread post by robert »

Hmm the data seems to be there, it is just the display which seems to be random.

After further playing I seem to have found a reliable way to get it turned on.

If I select View both 2D and 3D displays together and click in the 3D display the heights magically appear. I can then close the 3D display and a get heights in the 2D display for a while until Basecamp decides to not show again.

Ah well at least a work around of sorts
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Well, we all know they stopped developing BaseCamp before they even finished it.....

Return to “BaseCamp (PC)”