Getting notifications to show on Oregon 700 (iPhone)

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
staffeman

Getting notifications to show on Oregon 700 (iPhone)

Unread post by staffeman »

I’m struggling to get notifications on my iPhone SE 2020 to show on my Oregon 750t. Oregon runs on v.5.00 software and my iPhone has IOS 13.6. I have no problems when I use my Garmin Edge 1030 paired with the same iPhone.
Has anyone here succeeded?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Getting notifications to show on Oregon 700 (iPhone)

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We use Android devices, and they require Garmin Connect to get phone notifications on the GPSr.

Do you have Garmin Connect installed and configured on your iPhone?

*** never mind ***

Appears these are sent directly, so if this worked previously, probably something Apple screwed up (or changed) in the last update.

Actually, a few Garmin devices have been getting new Bluetooth Security updates recently, so possibly the next Oregon 7x0 firmware update will also include this, which may resolve the issue...
staffeman

Unread post by staffeman »

gpsrchive wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:42 pm Actually, a few Garmin devices have been getting new Bluetooth Security updates recently, so possibly the next Oregon 7x0 firmware update will also include this, which may resolve the issue...
I hope you are right! Have to wait and see!
mity!

Unread post by mity! »

Well, it is working here with me...

The Oregon 750 is runnung with firmware 5.00. But my mobile phone is an quite old iPhone 6 running with IOS 12.4.8 (recent version for that model).

For the notifications, it is not necessary that Garmin Connect is running on the iPhone. When the bluetooth (LE) connection is established, I receive all notifications that pop up on my iPhone also on the Oregon.

At the Orgenon you have to enable 'Settings/Buletooth/Notifications' to 'Show'.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you!

That makes me more confident the issue is with the newer version of iOS, which likely includes improved Bluetooth security protocols.

I will be very surprised if the next Oregon 7x0 firmware update does not address this issue.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”