750T sometimes crashes after submitting geocache log

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
Raiden38

750T sometimes crashes after submitting geocache log

Unread post by Raiden38 »

Sometimes (not all the time), I would mark a geocache as found and then ask for the next closest geocache. The device then turns completely off (crashes). I can turn it back on and use it as if nothing happened. (Even resubmitting the log that caused the crash.). Would be nice if this can be marked as a crash bug. I saw a few post on the internet with the same behaviour..

By the way, does Garmin even read the super common issues list of bugs, crashs, and features that you are building? I sure hope so because it's a great list, but the firmware updates with those improvement are inexistant!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: 750T sometimes crashes after submitting geocache log

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Which methods are you using to load geocaches to your Oregon 7x0?

It is possible your random crashes when selecting 'Find Next Closest' are due to a database error that may have erroneously occurred while loading or removing geocaches from the device.

You may find resolution by removing or renaming the Garmin/SQL directory on your device and then restarting it, allowing the device time to rebuild the internal database before testing in the field to see if the crashes continue to occur, all without adding or removing any more geocaches.
Raiden38

I used both ways: Downloading a GPX from the geocaching.com website or having the gps download the caches by itself using wifi/bluetooth connection. In both cases, the crash happened.

Strangely, I also had a crash yesterday when the device turned off by itself while I was just looking at the map and changing dashboards (wanted to look at the different ones and see what is the best one for me).
GPSrChive
Site Admin

If rebuilding the SQL database does not resolve your issues, I will suggest backing up all user data, updating to latest firmware (if not already), and performing master reset of the device before transferring user data back to the device. I like to keep all my user data on a microSD card, so that operation is quite simple.
Raiden38

How do you rebuild the SQL database??

I am using latest firmware. I will try to back everything up and master reset.

Thanks for your help!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Raiden38 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:16 am How do you rebuild the SQL database??
See my first post in this thread.
Raiden38

Oups, sorry! :) Will do that!

Return to “Oregon 7x0”