Trip data distance not recording

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
BillyB

Trip data distance not recording

Unread post by BillyB »

Hi
The last 2 times I have been out with my 750 the unit has failed to record the distance travelled resulting in no current track to save - as if nothing has been done. Average speed therefore does not work either.
Everything else is working fine ie the map is there, the track is there and I can follow the track no problem, the estimated time of arrival also works so it recognises where I am and where the finish point is - but records no distance.
I usually upload all of my trips on connect but these last 2 outings apparently don't exist.
I presume there may be an easy fix but I cannot find it, any help is very much appreciated
Regards
Billy B
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Trip data distance not recording

Unread post by GPSrChive »

What are your selected options in [Setup > Recording]?

Did you perhaps have the 'Current Activity' page paused?
stantastic

Unread post by stantastic »

I've had some anomalous issues recording tracks as well. Just returned about a month ago from a 21-day trip to China. I always like to record my daily motion on a day to day basis so I can load and look at it when I return home. With NO CHANGES to the unit at all from day 1 thru day 21, I have it set to record every 5 seconds and to automatically save the track on a daily basis. I make sure track recording is turned on when I start, and turn it off when I'm done. When I got back from the last trip, there were a couple of days where track information was non-existent -- even though I was SURE that everything was set normally. To have it work one day, then not the next, and then again the following day has me stumped, since no settings were changed between those periods. From the 21-day trip, TWO full days of tracks just "disappeared". And there are times when I MANUALLY made the save at the end of the day, and it says it recorded the tracks to memory, but again, when I get home, they weren't there. Hmmmm???
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

This issue may be a tough one to solve, but please do keep providing any new information as you find it. I will see if I can catch my Oregon 7x0 'acting up'.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”