Oregon 7x0 Compass Anomalies in Landscape Display

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Oregon 7x0 Compass Anomalies in Landscape Display

Unread post by GPSrChive »

My Oregon 7x0 seems to have directional confusion when used in Landscape mode.

Essentially, when in Landscape Display Mode, the position arrow on the Map Display always indicates my direction as being 90° off from actual, sometimes clockwise, sometimes counter-clockwise. This is easy to test by placing your Oregon 7x0 display in Lock Landscape mode with the Map in Track Up mode - where the position icon should always face toward the top of the screen, regardless of the direction you are facing, and it does not.

Please see Oregon 7x0 > Common Issues > Bug 27 for detailed information and then test your Oregon 7x0 and report your results here!

Thank You!
stantastic

Re: Oregon 7x0 Compass Anomalies in Landscape Display

Unread post by stantastic »

I haven't checked your anomaly to either confirm or deny -- I've only had my new 750 for about a month or so. BUT -- in Portrait mode when I'm navigating to a geocache (or any other point that I've chosen) and I'm driving, the map seems to want to rotate 90° whenever I come to a red light to stop (at stop signs the time is too short to even notice it) and then it just sits there, with my purple route pointing 90° from where I was initially traveling (usually it rotates to the right). When I take off again, the map re-orients itself and shows my direction of travel straight ahead, as it should. My older 650 never seemed to do that.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”