Favorites dashboard MIA

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
Plato

Favorites dashboard MIA

Unread post by Plato »

Hi all, I just received my Oregon 700 today, it will replace my old 600.
Since I like the way my 600 was setup I chose the Classic mode on the 700.
I also wanted to enable the 'Favorites' Dashboard with some shortcuts on the Map page but to my surprise it isn't available anymore.

This was a surprise to me because I succesfully created my shortcuts and added them to Menu > Favorites.
I started reading the manual and on page 12/13 I found exactly the description of adding shortcuts to the Favorites!

There are two possibilities now:

1 Garmin removed the Favorites Dashboard but forgot to remove it on other locations in the firmware and the manual.
2 Garmin forgot to add the Favorites Dashboard to the Dashboard list.

I was hoping the 700 would be more stable than the 600 in terms of sudden shutdowns or freezing screens but when playing with the settings for an hour or so I had several shutdowns! Restarting works faster than with the 600 but nevertheless I didn't expect the software to be so instable after one year of updates.
My Oregon 700 is running v3.30 in classic mode.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Favorites dashboard

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you for the reminder!

Added to Oregon 7x0 Common Issues > Missing Features > 01.

Please report to GARMIN as outlined on Common Issues Page!
Plato

Re: Favorites dashboard MIA

Unread post by Plato »

I reported it to Garmin on 17-06 but as always they didn't reply.
A few years ago I think I made them angry by asking 'don't you guys ever leave the office to do some real world testing before launching new firmware?'. Since then they don't answer my reports anymore.
Plato

Unread post by Plato »

Well, today I received a very disappointing reply from Garmin (in Dutch).
Just the default stuff like 'install Garmin Express and update your GPS, do a factory reset'.

Garmin never changed, still the same silly default answers as 10 years ago. :evil:
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Plato wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:48 pm Well, today I received a very disappointing reply from Garmin (in Dutch).
Just the default stuff like 'install Garmin Express and update your GPS, do a factory reset'.

Garmin never changed, still the same silly default answers as 10 years ago. :evil:
One of the absolutely most annoying things about them! I get silly crap like that all the time, even after I have already informed them of current firmware level, etc, they suggest updating to current firmware.... Blah Blah Blah....
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Plato wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:52 pm I also wanted to enable the 'Favorites' Dashboard with some shortcuts on the Map page but to my surprise it isn't available anymore.
Good news and Bad news: The Shortcuts Dashboard is indeed available, but only in the Main Menu and Status pages, not the Map, Compass or Trip Computer pages (which, ironically, are the pages where this dashboard is most useful).

Return to “Oregon 7x0”