Touchscreen E1 Firmware, Version 85.08?

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
csewell

Touchscreen E1 Firmware, Version 85.08?

Unread post by csewell »

In Garmin Connect, there is a notification about a software update to the Garmin Oregon 750 called "Touchscreen E1 Firmware, Version 85.08". I'm not sure what that is. The Send Now button opens Garmin Express, but Garmin Express shows no new firmware updates post 3.20.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Touchscreen E1 Firmware, Version 85.08?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Interesting, I see it as well. Selected Install below it and after agreeing to an EULA it was installed in the background. No mention of what was changed.
csewell

Unread post by csewell »

Won't install for me. I don't see an install button below the firmware version. There is a "Send Now" button to the right of the Oregon 750 picture above, but clicking that brings up a message box:

"Turn on Your Oregon 750

Waiting for your device to connect...
If you have not set up a wireless network on your device, or if the network you set up is in a different location, plug your device into your computer and open Garmin Express.

If you don't have Garmin Express on this computer or need a newer version, download it now."

and also starts Garmin Express.

I have the latest Garmin Express, and the 750 is connected to my wireless network.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

My GPSr was connected via USB. Have not tried sending anything to it via Wireless.
csewell

Unread post by csewell »

Mine was also connected via USB. Was it uploaded via Garmin Express? Or by the Garmin Connector, which I assumed was obsolete. Which web browser were you using? I've tried IE, Chrome, and Edge, and none will update.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Garmin Express in my case.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”