Oregon 7x0 Battery Run Time Tests Published!

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Oregon 7x0 Battery Run Time Tests Published!

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We've been conducting some battery run-time tests over the past few weeks and the results are now available!

Oregon 7x0 battery test results can be viewed in:

Function > Power Sources > Battery Test
GeekNJ

Re: Oregon 7x0 Battery Run Time Tests Published!

Unread post by GeekNJ »

Good info provided. I had trouble figuring out where the info was so maybe the following will help others. It's in the Oregon 7x0 Wiki - http://www.gpsrchive.com/Oregon%207x0/

Specifically, it's at the bottom of the page at http://www.gpsrchive.com/Oregon%207x0/P ... ery%20Test but this link will break you out of the Wiki site navigation.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Yes, each test is in the Wiki page for the tested model. I assumed that would be obvious.... Perhaps I should edit the posts.
SwissPoPo

Unread post by SwissPoPo »

Based on my own experiences I can say that the Oregon 7x0 series needs more power than the 6x0.
The battery run time tests do reflect that.

But this is not true for the power consumption list. I seems that two list (7x0, 6x0) are measured differenly.
In the 7x0 list I do not see the which elements are base comsumptions and which are add ons.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

SwissPoPo wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:04 am Based on my own experiences I can say that the Oregon 7x0 series needs more power than the 6x0.
The battery run time tests do reflect that.

But this is not true for the power consumption list. I seems that two list (7x0, 6x0) are measured differenly.
In the 7x0 list I do not see the which elements are base comsumptions and which are add ons.
The Oregon 7x0 is certainly the most power hungry I think of them all!

The power consumption list is formatted slightly differently for the Oregon 7x0 page compared to the Oregon 6x0 page, but essentially, they are almost all add-on values. The first value being the boot sequence value, then the next being the stand-by value, most after that are add-on values.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”